Sunday, February 8, 2009

PODCASTS

Today was my first time to ever listen to a pod cast. I don't have an Ipod, so I know nothing about any of this. I listened to MacBreak Weekly, Ed Tech Talk, Kid Cast, & Smartboard Lesson. After listening to these pod casts, it really inspired me to do it more often. I think they were very informative and I enjoyed listening to them.

MacBreak Weekly discussed a lot of different things that involve Mac Computers. I actually own a Toshiba laptop, and I have never used a Mac computer. One thing that I found to be interesting was that they offer a jump drive called iTV where you can watch High Definition television on your computer. It also has something similar to a DVR that records movies and shows. I had no clue you could watch live tv on a computer so I thought this was really neat.

The Ed Tech Talk mainly talked about parent participation and how important it is to have parent involvement in schools. I agreed with mostly everything that this podcast talked about.

The KidCast discussed how students should be engaging in more podcasts in classrooms. I wish that all students could have the opportunity to become involved in podcasts. This talked about how podcasts should focus more on education when being used in classrooms. I think podcasts are so much more interesting for students rather than listening to lectures all day.

The Smartboard lesson discussed the attributes that smartboard can have for teachers. I really liked the way it explained what not to do while using smartboard in detail. I felt like this was the most informative podcast that I listened to.

I hope to be able to use podcasts in my classroom in the future because I think it would be extremely beneficial to the students as well as myself. It would make things so much easier and more interesting. Technology saves so much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment