Sunday, March 22, 2009

iTunes University

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16624_itunes_university_better-than_the_real_thing.html discusses how students are learning differently and using more technology than say 10 years ago. It discusses how technology has improved grades tremendously. iTunes University is so much more effective than just basic lectures. It keeps learning more interesting for the students. iTunes is a way for students to go back and view a lecture they sat in two weeks ago to help prepare for tests etc...

I know a lot of people that use tape recorders to recollect lectures but iTunes University is so much better than that. Teachers probably put more effort into there lecture as well knowing the world can view it anytime. The only downside I can think of is that absentees may possibly go up with this type of technology. I hope that one day this could be used for online courses because I would be the first one to sign up for it. For me, it takes a lot of time to take care of my child and go to school three days a week. So, I would love it if I could take online courses that actually had lectures I could view online to help me grasp the lesson. I think iTunes University is wonderful & I would love to have the opportunity to be apart of something like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment