Monday, February 23, 2009

Randy Pausch's Final Lecture

Randy Pausch was a highly successful professor at a highly respected college. From watching his lecture I learned that he is a very laid back teacher so of course his students love him! His classes fill up extremely fast because everyone wants to be in his classroom.

The course that he discussed in his lecture is Building Virtual Worlds. In this class he assigns many hands on projects that are extremely difficult and time consuming, but his students love doing them because they get to have actual experiences. Randy Pausch refers to his course as Edutainment. He believes that education should be fun.

Randy Pausch used many quotes throughout his lecture. Some of the ones that stood out were: "When you tell someone they're doing something wrong, it's really helping them." "Find the best in everybody no matter how long you have to wait." I think that from everything he is going through it has helped him to inspire people and really display a positive outlook. He undoubtly looks at life in a different perspective that most.

The main thing that touched me was what he said about teaching students. He said to teach your students to do the right thing and good stuff happens. This is the same exact motto I tell myself that I will use as a future educator. I want to be a positive influence on my students and display good morals to them as well. I not only want to educate my students in academics, but I want to educate them in being good people because they are the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment