Sunday, March 22, 2009

Video Podcast

After watching a couple of these podcasts I realized that I need to be a hands on teacher. These videos showed me how important it is to get your students to understand what you're teaching no matter which route you have to take to do it. I feel like a lot of schools have drifted away from projects and field trips. I think children need fun instruction to give them different choices to learn. Some students may understand the lesson from a lecture but other students may need a fun activity to help them grasp it from a different level or point of view.

When I become a teacher I want to do everything in my power to make sure all of my students are learning and having fun while doing it. Learning should be fun. It shouldn't be something that you dread. I know that while I'm in my math class I hate and I want to go home the whole time because the teacher doesn't help me to learn it in different ways. If a child is confused like that all the time he/she will begin to hate school. I want my students to look forward to school each day. In order for that to happen I will have to take notes from these video podcasts and make learning exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment